Trackon is committed to providing a safe environment for all its employees free from discrimination on any ground and from harassment at work including sexual harassment.
- Trackon will operate a zero tolerance policy for any form of sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Treat all incidents seriously and promptly investigate all allegations of sexual harassment.
- Any person found to have sexually harassed another, will face disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal from employment.
- All complaints of sexual harassment will be taken seriously and treated with respect and in confidence.
- No one will be victimised for making such a complaint.
Sexual harassment is unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature which makes a person feel offended,humiliated and/or intimidated. It includes situations where a person is asked to engage in sexual activity as a condition of that person’s employment, as well as situations which create an environment which ishostile, intimidating or humiliating for the recipient. Sexual harassment can involve one or more incidents and actions constituting harassment may be physical, verbal and non-verbal. Examples of conduct or behavior which constitute sexual harassment include, but are not limited to :-
- Unwelcome physical contact including patting, pinching, stroking, kissing, hugging, fondling, or inappropriate touching.
- Physical violence, including sexual assault.
- Physical contact, e.g. touching, pinching.
- The use of job-related threats or rewards to solicit sexual favours.
- Comments on a worker’s appearance, age, private life, etc.
- Sexual comments, stories and jokes.
- Sexual advances.
- Repeated and unwanted social invitations for dates or physical intimacy.
- Insults based on the sex of the worker.
- Condescending or paternalistic remarks.
- Sending sexually explicit messages (by phone or by email).
- Display of sexually explicit or suggestive material (electronic or otherwise).
- Sexually-suggestive gestures.
Anyone can be a victim of sexual harassment, regardless of their sex and of the sex of the harasser.Trackon recognizes that sexual harassment may also occur between people of the same sex. What matters is that the sexual conduct is unwanted and unwelcome by the person against whom the conduct is directed.
Trackon recognizes that sexual harassment is a manifestation of power relationships and often occurs within unequal relationships in the workplace, for example between manager or supervisor and employee.
Anyone, including employees of Trackon, clients, customers, casual workers, contractors or visitors who sexually harasses another will be reprimanded in accordance with this internal policy.
All sexual harassment is prohibited whether it takes place within Trackon premises or outside, including at social events, business trips, training sessions or conferences sponsored by Trackon.
Anyone who is subject to sexual harassment should, if possible, inform the alleged harasser that the conduct is unwanted and unwelcome. Trackon recognizes that sexual harassment may occur in unequal relationships (i.e. between a supervisor and his/her employee) and that it may not be possible for the victim to inform the alleged harasser. If a victim cannot directly approach an alleged harasser, he/she can approach one of the designated staff members / Internal Committee responsible for receiving complaints of sexual harassment.Internal Committee as formed under POSH act will look into complaints of women and the Disciplinary Committee will look into the complaints from other Gender.
A person who has been subject to sexual harassment can also make a complaint outside of the company.They can do so through the police and other legal framework available in the country.
Anyone who has been found to have sexually harassed another person under the terms of this policyis liable to any of the following sanctions:
- Verbal or written warning.
- Adverse performance evaluation.
- Reduction in wages.
- Trackon will ensure that this policy is widely disseminated to all relevant persons.
- It will be included in the staff handbook. All new employees must be trained on the content of this policy as part of their induction into the company.
- Every year, Trackon will require all employees to attend a refresher training course on the content of this policy.
- It is the responsibility of every manager to ensure that all his/her employees are aware of the policy.
- Trackon recognizes the importance of monitoring this sexual harassment policy and will ensure that it anonymously collects statistics and data as to how it is used and whether or not it is effective.
- Supervisors, managers and those responsible for dealing with sexual harassment cases will report on compliance with this policy, including the number of incidents, how they were dealt with, and any recommendations made.
- This will be done on a yearly basis. As a result of this report, the company will evaluate the effectiveness of this policy and make any changes whenever needed.